Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

get 'save the file as an xps document.'..won't print

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Oct-2010, 09:50 PM #1
get 'save the file as an xps document.'..won't print
My printer is connected, printer icon is in tray, and it is recognized by my Belkin router manager-- but when I try to print I get a screen that says 'save the file as an *.xps document'...and it won't print. I don't want to save it - I want it to print.

I ran a search for 'xps' and the list came up with XPS Viewer and XPS Viewer Manifest. Both are located in C:\Windows\system32\xpsviewer. This has been after I downloaded something to scan my drivers for outdated ones. When I discovered that you have to buy the software I uninstalled it. I never had the problem before that.

It is on my Dell laptop, running XP Home Edition.
Computer Specs
Member with 8,450 posts.

10-Oct-2010, 09:56 PM #2
Can you print a test page?
What printer is selected in the printer dialog box? (Almost certainly the XPS document writer)
Select "Print" from the file menu to see these options.
Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

11-Oct-2010, 04:28 PM #3
I did get it somewhat resolved. I have 2 printers--a regular HP and a mulitfunction Canon. The Canon was set as the default. Switching the HP as the default eliminated that problem. I'm still trying to set up the Canon because it's a wireless and I can fax from it. No success yet, but because of your suggestion I do have the HP operating through the router manager. Thank you.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!