Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Slow Webcam

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Oct-2010, 12:12 PM #1
Slow Webcam
Hello, folks. I'm having some trouble with my webcam. I have an HP G62-225DX Notebook with a built in webcam and Youcam 3 as the software. Windows 7 is my os. When I bring up Youcam ui, the video is very slow and delayed. It's like I'm moving in slow motion with some frames missing. I've tried to turn the resolution all the way down and moving the video quality all the way down. The problem still persists. Is there anyway I can make this combination of built in webcam and factory bundled software produce fairly decent video?
Member with 544 posts.

Experience: Been around a while...
25-Oct-2010, 01:03 PM #2
How is your general Internet surfing experience? Fast, slow, dunno?

Rather than it being a hardware issue your first port of call is to give your system a clean up with SuperAntiSpyware and check your power performance settings. Finally, consider what programs do you have running in the background. Programs such as antivirus, etc, (if decent packages) are important to keep running, but Google "gonna rip the guts out of your resources" Desktop and the like should go.

25-Oct-2010, 01:46 PM #3
Well, I just got the computer about a month ago. I use it for work mostly. That includes surfing google for pictures to use as reference for tattoos. I don't visit any...questionable sites... with it. I have a pretty good broadband connection, but that's not the problem. The problem starts even before I get on the internet. When I turn the cam on, that's when the video looks slow. I tried to record a bit and it was slow as well. I don't even want to try and upload any video until I figure out what's wrong with the speed.
Member with 544 posts.

25-Oct-2010, 03:46 PM #4
All I can do is suggest, you don't have to do the things you hear from a time-served computer engineer, programmer, and systems analyst if you don't want to... you keep on doing your own thing, hope you get there eventually...

26-Oct-2010, 06:44 AM #5
I see... I apologize if my response offended you. I'm sure you worked hard to reach the level of technical expertise you are at now. I was simply responding to your post in order to eliminate some things that probably aren't the problem. I don't have Google Desktop. The problem starts before the internet is even introduced into the equation. I haven't installed any other programs, so the only things running in the background are whatever software came with the computer and turns on automatically. There's nothing in the task manager that is taking up all of my resources. I don't know if this helps, but the cam is an HP Webcam 101. Are those just, generally crappy?

Last edited by ambrosearcher; 26-Oct-2010 at 07:06 AM..
Member with 544 posts.

26-Oct-2010, 03:14 PM #6
Look at it this way, and don't feel compelled to follow them up, but which of my suggestions have made no difference after your trying them? You won't know the answer to that question because you don't think you need to try them.

For example, you notice a problem with your car as you are driving along and so you stop and get out to have a look. You notice that one of your tyres is flat at the bottom, but still round at the top and are puzzled, so you call a mechanic. The mechanic tells you to try the spare tyre, but you don't want to do that because the tyre that is still on the car is only flat at the bottom, and besides, it's still got lots of good tread on it as you only just had them changed a month ago.

Tell me, what would the mechanic say to you in reply?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
delay, slow, webcam, youcam

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!