Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Internal Microphone Error

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

28-Nov-2010, 02:00 AM #1
Internal Microphone Error
My computer was wiped recently and after reloading it with windows 7 the internal microphone has stopped working all together. I checked and it does not show up under my devices.
Detail about my computer:
I am using an Hp Widescreen lap top. Its an HP Pavilion dv9000 that originally was using Vista. I have had other internal issues in the past such as having the CD Drive stop working. I took that in and they said it is busted and the only way to fix it would be to have them take it out and put a new one in. The internal camera is still working though. I have never dropped my computer so I don't under stand what is happening. Also I think it may have happened before then. When I started using my headphones with a microphone attached it might have stopped working around there too... Sorry for not being very clear. I'm not sure when it stopped working EXACTLY. PLEASE HELP SOON! ~Haru
Computer Specs
Member with 307 posts.

Experience: Intermediate/Advanced
28-Nov-2010, 02:15 AM #2
Have you checked the manufacturer's page and tried to find software related to your microphone? That might be a good first step.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dv9000, internal, issue, microphone, pavilion

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!