Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Green tint on LCD Monitor

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 115 posts.

Experience: Beginner
09-Dec-2010, 06:56 PM #1
Solved: Green tint on LCD Monitor
I have a Compaq Presario 900 mhz amd athlon 768 ram machine and a Dell E510 3ghz intel Pentium 4 2816 ram .I have a Dell LCD monitor.The problem is when I hook up the monitor to the Compaq machine the picture is perfect. BUT when I hook the monitor to the Dell machine and boot-up the screen has a GREEN tint to it.I think it is in the settings of the dell machine. I use this monitor to check different machines. could the monitor be "seeing" the different settings of the other machine and if so how can I change them. CONFUSED! THANKS!
Computer Specs
Member with 115 posts.

12-Dec-2010, 05:30 PM #2
Green tint on LCD Monitor
I hooked up another LCD monitor to the Dell machine ,still green. The problem is in the Dell Dimension E510 machine.I don't know much about this machine or the windows 7 operating system that is on it.(haven't had this but a short time.)Does anyone out there know how to calibrate the color on this machine? THANKS!
Computer Specs
Member with 115 posts.

12-Dec-2010, 06:00 PM #3
green tint on LCD Monitor
Sorry,I forgot to say that I have seen this Dell machine work just fine on the same Dell monitor when I first got it. I think that when I hooked the Dell monitor up to the Compaq machine it work just find.Then I hooked it back up to the Dell machine and that is when I got the green tint.The Dell machine must have got out of calibration . Does this make sense to someone out there? I know that the monitor is working fine and what ever the problem is it points toward the Dell Dimension E510.
THANKS!
Computer Specs
Member with 115 posts.

06-Jan-2011, 09:31 PM #4
Green tint on Monitor
I found out that the green tint came from a bad Video Cable. Everything works fine now.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!