Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Maxtor question

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Dec-2010, 03:04 PM #1
Maxtor question
I am new to Macs. I've only owned it for a week. It's an iMac with Snow Leopard. I have been backing up my windows on Carbonite but have discovered that I cannot recover directly from windows to mac. I have a Maxtor II One Touch 100gb that I can use to get info off Carbonite. What I need to do is format the thing. I can't figure out how. I guess this is a mac question but couldn't find any help on the Apple site.
Anyone here know anything that can help?
Thanks
DPlou
Computer Specs
Member with 8,450 posts.

24-Dec-2010, 10:22 PM #2
How to Format a Hard Drive in Mac OS X
http://www.ehow.com/how_2063795_form...ve-mac-os.html
You may be running into a file system problem. The Mac file system is not compatible with Windows, but I'm not sure why Carbonite would care.
Format FAT32 for compatability.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

25-Dec-2010, 12:54 AM #3
Wink Maxtor question
Hughv,
Thanks so much for the fast reply. I will try that link and see if I can get my info back after I reformat the Maxtor.

Merry Christmas, if you celebrate it.

DPlou
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
mac, maxtor one touch ii, windows xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!