Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connectify

(!)

Member with 39 posts.

02-Jan-2011, 06:54 AM #1
Connectify
Hi I just installed connectify on my laptop with windows 7. I currently get internet from my neighbors open router. connectify says that i can use this wireless connection and make a hotspot out of my laptop. but when i try to use connectify it says no ap mode supported. connectify says this means.......

This means that your wireless card does not support running in Access Point mode. For more details and a list of known supported devices, please consult the Supported Devices page.

Sometimes this can be resolved by simply updating your wireless drivers. You may find updated drivers via Windows Update. Many times Windows Update does not have the latest drivers and you may need to check with your laptop or wireless device manufacturer to find them.

Is there any way around this? is there anythign i can do so i can use my laptop as a hot spot with out meing pluged into an ethernet cable or somethign like that?

Thank you
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,611 posts.

02-Jan-2011, 07:27 AM #2
please re-read the rules here http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Quote:
I currently get internet from my neighbors open router.
We do not support wifi piggy backing = closing thread

Quote:
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!