Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Problems with wifi after Windows XP update?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Jan-2011, 12:30 AM #1
Exclamation Problems with wifi after Windows XP update?
Okay, Don't ask me how it happened cause I cannot tell you. One minute I am downloading music, and the next, I've got a frozen computer. I restart it and when it boots back up, when I should be entering my user name and pass word (not using the tradition welcome screen) It is a blue screen. SO, I think I've got the Blue Screen of Death and I run and get my dad's Window's XP upgrade disk home edition and I run it through and it comes back up with everything wiped out. And then when I try to connect to the internet to see if there is anyway that I can use my iPod to put those songs back on to iTunes, It doesn't show a network connections icon on the task pane. Then I look next to the power button and the wifi light is not on. So, I am thinking that it is a problem with a driver, problem is, I cannot access internet on it to download one. Am I totally screwed, or is there a simple solution? And if there is a simple solution, Please tell me step by step because I'm getting completely lost in these forums.

And yes, I have internal wireless in my laptop. It's never gave me any problems like this before. I've tried plugging in an Ethernet cord from my desktop to my laptop and it still says no internet connection.
If this is already posted somewhere I am sorry, but PLEASE HELP ME!!
Computer Specs
Member with 11,285 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Jan-2011, 12:47 AM #2
Are you talking about the Compaq in your computer specs? If so when you reinstalled windows XP you also needed to install all the drivers. Go to the HP website and download the drivers for your computer then copy them to a CD or DVD then install them. That may cure your Ethernet and Wifi problem.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
internet, laptop, wifi, xp update

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!