Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connect Lenovo Laptop to HDTV - need help

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Jan-2011, 10:47 AM #1
Connect Lenovo Laptop to HDTV - need help
Trying to connect my Lenovo Ideapad u450p laptop w/ Windows 7 Home Premium to my new Samsung LCD HDTV with a SVGA cable so I can watch internet stuff on the TV. VGA ports on both the laptop and the TV. Turned computer & TV off, connected cables on each side. Turned computer on, turned TV on. Selected PC source (VGA symbol) on the TV and Fn F3 for screen display on the computer (selected Duplicate). This should cause the image on the computer screen to then show on the TV as if the TV is acting like a monitor. Nothing happens. Black screen on the TV. Have tried this several times, checked cable connection (it's tight, and the TV acknowledges that the cable is connected). Have re-booted both the TV and the computer.

Am using TiVo also, but don't expect that is related as the SVGA cable is connected directly from TV to laptop, not through the TiVo.

Feel like I'm going nuts - please HELP!
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

14-Jan-2011, 10:58 AM #2
Check the manual for the TV to see what resolutions it supports for computer connections.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,949 posts.

14-Jan-2011, 03:56 PM #3
also recheck the connections make sure none of the pins are bent - its easy to bend those
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
hdtv, laptop, lenovo, monitor

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!