Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Acer Aspire 7741G keyboard replacement

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 17 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Jan-2011, 04:35 AM #1
Solved: Acer Aspire 7741G keyboard replacement
Hello everyone!

I recently bought a new keyboard for my Aspire 7741G. I wanted to replace the old kb with the new one, but i`m having problems removing the old keyboard. I`ve unscrewed all screws, but the top "plate" (the one that holds the keyboard) is still holding somewhere in the middle. Any advice on how to remove the keyboard? Or if someone knows where to find a service guide/manual for this laptop. Any answer is appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
DerekC has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 1,702 posts.

19-Jan-2011, 04:52 AM #2
I don't know about Aspires, but while replacing a HDD in a Sony Vaio, the final screw holding the top plate was underneath the keyboard. All around the keyboard edges, there were "almost invisible" brackets holding the keyboard down. Had to use a very small screwdriver to carefully pop them.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 17 posts.

19-Jan-2011, 05:55 AM #3
Thanks for your reply.
Upon a better look, i don`t have to unscrew anything. The keyboard ha 6 locks. After unlocking them, just slightly lift the keyboard up, remove the connector from the socket and voila. Reverse procedure for putting in a new kyboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: Acer Aspire 7741G keyboard replacement-acer-keyboard-locks.jpg  
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
7741g, acer, keyboard

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!