Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Lcd monitors turn on then go black

(!)

Member with 77 posts.

31-Jan-2011, 12:32 AM #1
Lcd monitors turn on then go black
I have a Viewsonic VG730M monitor that turns on then a few seconds later it goes black and the power on the monitor stays on.

I also have a HP 1740 monitor that turns on then in a few seconds the screen goes black and the power goes off.

Does any one know the problem and if they can be repaired or do they go to the recycle.

Thank You,
RLB
melowman melowman is offline melowman has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Beginner
11-Feb-2011, 06:16 PM #2
I have the same problem but I have a Viewsonic vx1940w and it flickers and has a little buzz then goes black, but the power light says its on. When I push the power button it comes back on for 1-2 seconds and goes black again. Is this a backlight problem or a power issue, and how difficult or expensive would it be to fix?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!