Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Epson Stylus SX515W black ink not printing

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Int. without techspeak
31-Jan-2011, 11:37 AM
Epson Stylus SX515W black ink not printing
Can anyone help me, Please...
My Epson Stylus SX515W has been set up at home for wireless printing for many months now and working perfectly.
However, a week ago it decided it does not want to print black at all, other three colours are fine, and print perfectly in the nozzle check facility. I have repeatedly cleaned, checked and now i have attempted to realign print heads, but of course cannot as I only get the second two test patterns to select from (All of which has used up loads of ink too).
It is not a computer problem as the printer is a stand alone and is the same whether I print from my laptop or just with the printer itself.
Please, please help, as I use it a lot and I am falling behind with so much that I need to print out and can't.

Pjhoney

PS It is very worrying that so many people are having the same problem with this printer... Epson Stylus SX510W, according to another problem solving site. I do not know if there was a solution on that site as they charge for solutions, so I came away.!
Member with 2,536 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Jan-2011, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately, Epson printers are more prone to become clogged with dried up ink compared to other brands, and it's not just the SX515W.

Unless you print at least half a page using all the colours every day, there's a risk of the nozzles getting blocked up.
You can buy special cleaning cartridges which contain a safe solvent instead of ink, they might do the trick.
However, they didn't work for my Epson printer last year so I had to throw it in the skip & I bought a Canon. That's no problem with blocking up.

Cleaning cartridges here: http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/epson-...ng-cartridges/
Computer Specs

31-Jan-2011, 07:13 PM
Ohhh, That's not good!
I've had Epsons for years and had no problems, and I do tend to print either lots, or nothing for ages.
I like Epson usually cos I do a lot of Photo printing as I restore old photo's and find that the quality is really good. But I wanted a wireless printer so bought this one...
Well, thanks for replying, I appreciate it a lot. I'll try the cleaner, and have a moan at epson and see what they say
Cheers
Pjhoney
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Feb-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi pj,
I'm having the same problem. It just dont print black ink. Just after 1 year old and out of warranttee.
How frustrating. Really like the printer and then it now stopped recognising all the cartridges as well.
Anyone knows whats wrong with the printer or better still, have a solution?
many thx.
sopwell
Computer Specs

05-Mar-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi Pip22,
I use internet-ink for my inks already so I looked for a cleaning cartridge, but they don't make them for that model...
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Mar-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi, i`m having exactly the same problem. I`ve changed the black ink a few times, everything else working ok just the flipping black not working at all!! Anyone got any solutions as my printer is only a few months old.

Shaz
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!