Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Brother MFC3240C Printer error "Unable to Initialize"."

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
02-Feb-2011, 02:51 PM #1
Brother MFC3240C Printer error "Unable to Initialize"."
I got a Brother printer on a free site but it initially had error "unable to Clean". I've fixed that only to get Error 46. Now it has "Unable to Initialize". It's been a waste of my time to get help from Brother so I advise anyone to not purchase their lousy machines. Somehow I think if I got the codes to reset the factory settings this thing would be fixed. Brother refuses to give me the codes to reset my machine. Please God if there is anyone that can help me fix this problem I would be ever so grateful ! Thanks !
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Programmer
02-Feb-2011, 03:13 PM #2
"If it says free, it must mean the headache that accompanies it, Right?" rbm081475, if you have Windows XP and reinstalled, you have overwritten your previous profile. Google "Drivers Brother MFC3240C" and it should take you to the drivers download site, or at least another friendly site to do the same.

Check your Printers and Faxs to see if you have anything such as "XPS Printer" or Fax" "Document Printer"...etc. In other words, sometimes a Faux printer (printers or Faxs created by some software) will give false errors as they are attempting to acces these same little buggers.

LAST RESORT

Try deleting the printer and reloading. Disconnect from your PC, removed form Control Panel or Printers and Faxs.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!