Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I find out how much video memory I have (how much RAM is dedicated to Video)?

(!)

ilusha2
Guest with n/a posts.

04-Oct-2002, 12:37 PM #1
How do I find out how much video memory I have (how much RAM is dedicated to Video)?
I was just wondering, how do I find out how much of my RAM is dedicated to Video Memory? Because I tried playing Never Winter Knights (the new one) and the picture was really messed up, I can attach a snapshot if you like. A 16MB video card is the minimum for NWK, and since the game worked on my computer (and I have onboard video), I thought that my computer met the minimum requirements, but since the display is so messed up, I can't understand what's the problem
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Oct-2002, 01:03 PM #2
Access your bios setup page.......it should show how much ram is being pulled for onboard video there.
Member with 6,427 posts.

04-Oct-2002, 01:09 PM #3
You can also check at the POST screen, you'll see the amount of memory+Shared Memory. The shared memory is the RAM that is allocated for your video!
Junior Member with 10 posts.

04-Oct-2002, 01:44 PM #4
As to your second question, in regards to playing NWN. If you have the minimum requirements, you may still not be able to play the game. If you exceed the minimum requirements it doesnt guarantee you be able to play the game.
Why?
Compatibility of hardware devices
Installing the relevant and updated drivers of your video card which should support OpenGL.

You might want to check out their forums
www.bioware.com
They have a technical support section there.

A lot of people have had or continue to have problems running the game
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!