Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Screeching Noise from Laptop Speakers

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Enuf to be dangerous
10-Mar-2011, 04:08 AM #1
Question Solved: Screeching Noise from Laptop Speakers
I have a Toshiba laptop that I bought approx one year ago. I do not dowload extraneous junk from the internet. I am a grad student and mostly use the lptp for work and school. For the past three months, whether the computer is on mute or not (has done this several times in class), on hard surface or not, the computer makes this really random screeching noise from the speakers. I have read through hundreds of forums relating this to fans and motherboards and I dont hear anything other than crazy screechy speakers. The sound is so loud that I actually have to do a hard reboot with the power switch in order to get it to stop. I have reinstalled the drivers several times and within a week or so the sound comes back. Always after I have been working on it for at least an hour or two, so I tend to think that it is a heating issue as I have noticed that this computer can get insanely hot, even on a hot surface. I have had no other problems with this computer and am quite pleased at how well it works, if I could just get rid of the crazy noise it would be perfect. I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks!

Diag:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite M505D
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/13/09 14:28:07 Ver: V1.40
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M520 (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3838MB RAM
Page File: 2138MB used, 5533MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Enuf to be dangerous
27-Mar-2011, 07:23 PM #2
Although no one replied I have discovered it is related to the heat of the laptop if anyone is having the same problem.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
heating, screech, speakers, toshiba

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!