Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unknown Display Card issue...

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Mar-2011, 03:10 AM #1
Exclamation Unknown Display Card issue...
Unknown Display Card issue
yesterday my display suddenly became 8 tiles with 800 x 480 resolution in each...
i've googled on the web and found that that's nvidia standard problem...
that drives me crazy...it happens wherever my screen is on...even on the bios screen...
how can i solve it ?

my laptops' specs :
model : lenovo 3000 y410
gpu : nvidia geforce 8400m gs
cpu : intel core 2 duo t7250 @ 2.00ghz
monitor : 14.1" wxga vibrant view
ram : 2gb ddr2
vram : 128mb
hdd : 5400rpm 2.5"

Last edited by tomfan203; 15-Mar-2011 at 04:38 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

15-Mar-2011, 04:26 PM #2
Hello,

I did some searching around for this issue, and like you, I found no definite answer.

The most likely cause of the issue from what I have read is a heat related issue. If you shut down the machine and remove power, then reconnect everything after awhile, does the same issue happen?

You also might contact Lenovo to see if there is a "hot key" that force tiles the screen, but they don't have published anywhere.

Sorry that I couldn't find a better answer for you, but hopefully one of these two ideas will help you resolve this issue.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

15-Mar-2011, 11:30 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradthecru View Post
Hello,

I did some searching around for this issue, and like you, I found no definite answer.

The most likely cause of the issue from what I have read is a heat related issue. If you shut down the machine and remove power, then reconnect everything after awhile, does the same issue happen?

You also might contact Lenovo to see if there is a "hot key" that force tiles the screen, but they don't have published anywhere.

Sorry that I couldn't find a better answer for you, but hopefully one of these two ideas will help you resolve this issue.
i've tried to remove the battery and the charger for 5 mins then put them back in, nth happen...
same problem...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
card, display, graphic, nvidia

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!