Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Problem with charger port on Toshiba Satellite l645d

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
18-Apr-2011, 09:45 PM #1
Problem with charger port on Toshiba Satellite l645d
Hey, I have a problem with my toshiba satellite l645d..
The charger port won't take in my charger. There's nothing wrong with the actual charger itself though. It used to be if I kept the charger at a certain angle it would work, but if it budged even a little it would stop charging and I would have to prop it up again with something. Now it doesn't charge even in that position. There is a metal part that is a little loose clearly visible inside the hole where the charger goes into. I think that's the problem. How am I supposed to fix it? Also, I'm on a budget so I can't spend much money on this.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,404 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Apr-2011, 09:54 PM #2
If the input socket is loose, it is time to have it replaced. Unfortunately this means disassembly and soldering on the motherboard. Are you up to that? Locating the Socket is going to take some searching.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
18-Apr-2011, 10:01 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyjay View Post
If the input socket is loose, it is time to have it replaced. Unfortunately this means disassembly and soldering on the motherboard. Are you up to that? Locating the Socket is going to take some searching.
If the socket is a little metal thing sticking out in the charger port then yeah, I guess..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
charger, loose, port

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!