Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Keyboard error

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

09-May-2011, 10:18 AM #1
Keyboard error
I have a strange keyboard error, and don't know if this is a setting or something else. Whenever I press a key on the keyboard, I get a number displayed ranging from 0-9 sequentially. So if I press multiple keys or hold down a single key, it comes up as "01234567890123456789"

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the keyboard driver, but that didn't seem to work.

I recently downloaded Norton and other software from Comcast and noticed a significant reduction in performance (Although the keyboard still worked for a few days after this). I removed some programs from the start-up menu, so I thought that may have been the cause, but even after I restored them all, I still have this error.

I also have a 1 year old that just loves to play with the computer, so one of my fears is that she somehow managed to change a keyboard setting!!

I have done some work on my computer, so I don't think I am completely ignorant (I know the disk drive is not a cupholder) but this has me scratching my head

(Luckily I have a second computer to write this, as my laptop is, for all intents and purposes, useless to me right now)
Member with 1,312 posts.

09-May-2011, 12:02 PM #2
Do you have "System Restore" enabled, and can you revert back to a day prior to installing the software and getting the keyboard issue, to see if that fixes it?
Computer Specs

09-May-2011, 04:19 PM #3
I will give that a try as soon as I get home. Thanks, I have my fingers crossed!!
Member with 1,312 posts.

09-May-2011, 07:11 PM #4
No problem, let me know how it goes.
Computer Specs

10-May-2011, 05:47 PM #5
All fixed. Thanks!
Member with 1,312 posts.

10-May-2011, 06:13 PM #6
Cool.....you're welcome!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
keyboard, laptop

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!