Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HP 3052 scan drivers

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-May-2011, 05:56 PM #1
HP 3052 scan drivers
Hi forum!

I've been bafled for a time, looking around and even asking HP for help but haven't been able to solve this yet.

I've got an HP Laserjet 3052 multi function printer connected to the network. 4 PC's used it as printer and scanner.

It had been working perfectly with windows XP. Recently, all 4 pc's where upgraded to Windows 7 Professional. Even though Windows 7 detects the printer, and can even install it's printing drivers, it won't install the scan drivers.

I've downloaded the All in one driver available @ HP homepage, to no avail. It gets to a point where it's "scanning ports" to detect the printer as connected, and if I connect the printer using a USB cable it actually installs correctly, but it won't let me use it as a network scanner. As soon as I disconnect the printer from the USB port, the TWAIN drivers just dissapear.

Does anyone have a clue about what to do in this case? According to HP, their driver does not support Windows 7. I've tried installing it in compatibility mode but the installer also gets stuck @ "scanning ports".

Suggestions?
Computer Specs
Member with 11,189 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-May-2011, 06:05 PM #2
Unless they have fixed it Win 7 won't scan from network attached scanners. I have the same problem, I have to keep two separate MFC' connected to two separate computers just for the Scanning functions. I can print to either of the MFCs from any of 7 computers, all running Win 7. I even tried connectin a Print Server that supports the MFCs, in Win XP I can scan from either MFC over the network.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
hp 3052, hp laserjet 3052, multi purpose printer, windows 7 printer drivers

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!