Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Linux and Unix Linux and Unix
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Wireless Interenet Driver for Compaq Presario C500

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Jan-2010, 02:54 PM #1
Exclamation Wireless Interenet Driver for Compaq Presario C500
I have just installed Linux Mint 8 on my compaq presario C500 laptop, everything seems to working just fine other than the wireless connections...The button you push wont light up at all, so I am assuming I need the driver,I have been searching for it for hours and I am having no luck, I have found the drivers in 100 different places for Windows but can't find one anywhere for Linux. Does anyone know where I could find it? I would greatly appreciate any help...
Thanks in advance,
Kimberly
Wino has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 18,596 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Jan-2010, 05:14 PM #2
See if the following link helps regarding NDISwrapper that allows ubuntu to use windows wireless drivers. This resolved my wireless card problem with 9.10

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...er/Ndiswrapper
Junior Member with 1 posts.

09-Feb-2010, 06:52 AM #3
Same prob, different computer. I took a Satellite m35x and installed os x 10.4.8 on it. I used JAS intel/amd iso and worked pretty easily. I've also tried Leo4all 10.5.2 and Waylan and i couldnt even boot to the cd.

Anyway i've got tiger running except for audio and wifi. I have searched around forever and I think my laptop uses intel 2200b/g wireless driver. I have downloaded and installed the 10.4 799 driver from here and rebooted but still no wifi. Any suggestions?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 21 posts.

Experience: Einstein
18-Feb-2010, 02:42 PM #4
Smile Madwifi
try using madwifi drivers

http://madwifi.org/
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
compaq presario c500, driver for linux, linux compaq drivers, wirless drivers, wirless internet

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!