Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Acer Arcade Deluxe Problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jul-2011, 03:40 AM #1
Solved: Acer Arcade Deluxe Problem
I have Acer Arcade Deluxe on my laptop, and since day one I cannot play Bluray discs in it. I have contacted Cyberlink Support many times, and they referred me to Acer Support. Which I did contact, and received a reply from after more than a month. Their advice was to remove and then re-install Acer Arcade Deluxe by using Acer e-recovery on my laptop. Although I can install it on the e-recovery program, it does not remove it for me and says I have to remove the current version first. I cannot find the uninstall link in either my add or remove programs list in control panel, and neither in the Acer Arcade files in my list of program files on Acer (C). I have searched the internet for an uninstall link, or more support, and found nothing. I also cannot update Acer Arcade, as I get an error message saying: '' Update failure Check if your current installation is correct''. What is there that I can do, please help as I am not getting much support from either Acer nor Cyberlink. Just to mention, all other CD's and DVD's play fine, I only have a problem with Bluray discs. My region code is 2 (UK). Thank you for your support and help, I will appreciate it.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3000 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 289269 MB, Free - 243743 MB;
Motherboard: Acer , SM80-MV , Not Applicable, 009AVCMBQTF0026C
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled
Computer Specs
Member with 32,623 posts.

02-Jul-2011, 04:14 AM #2
Has your computer got a blu ray player installed ?
Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

02-Jul-2011, 09:48 AM #3
Yes it has.Slimtype BD E DS4E1S. And it works fine with all other discs, but the problem is with the software Acer supplies by default, which is Acer Arcade De Luxe. I cannot even update the software to its new version, as mentioned before it gives me the error mentioned above. Therefore it's better to uninstall and re-install if I can get the place or link for uninstalling.
Member with 3,514 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Jul-2011, 11:39 PM #4
You should be able to uninstall through Add and Remove programs. If not, give Revo Uninstaller a try.
Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

03-Jul-2011, 05:57 AM #5
Sorry, but it does not show in add or remove programs neither in it's main file on Acer (C) in program files. I downloaded Revo, and this uninstaller also could not find the Acer Arcade De Luxe uninstall feature. Thank you for your advice.

Last edited by Petty; 03-Jul-2011 at 06:23 AM..
Member with 3,514 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Jul-2011, 06:31 AM #6
Supposedly, you simply goto Start>Control Panel>Programs...
Select Acer Arcade and Uninstall will be come available at the top of the column.
Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

03-Jul-2011, 01:05 PM #7
Sorry I have said that it's not in the programs list in Control panel. Seems very weird to me, never come across anything like this. Thank you for your effort and giving me advice.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!