Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

unable to play UDF file...

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 113 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Mar-2012, 04:13 AM #1
unable to play UDF file...
hi,i have got a movie DVD,which it says is a UDF dis.
but whn i autoplay it on VLC,it neither allows me to click on any of the menu icons nor i am able to play the whole movie.
is thr any way with which i can convert the whole file to a single dvd movie??

thnx all...
Member with 2,536 posts.

01-Mar-2012, 05:04 AM #2
A UDF disc does not describe what type of file or files are on the disc, it merely describes how the disc was created.
Whether or not you can convert the contents to regular DVD video depends on the type of files that are on it so I can't help with that.

To be able to read the existing disc properly you may need to install a UDF reader, and your DVD drive must be a multi-read capable model: http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf...e_updates.html
Computer Specs
Member with 113 posts.

01-Mar-2012, 05:24 AM #3
thnx for the response.
whnver i insert the dvd,it autoplays in the VLC player but the thing is that,it doesnt go beyond the title track.so whn i go and explore the contents on the DVD,it displays to folders(audio and video ts) as we find on a normal dvd.and thr r files like .bup,.ifo,.vob etc just like a normal dvd.
so my question is,if its a normal dvd then why i m nt able to play the whole movie on vlc except the title?
one more fact,the DVD is played normally on a DVD player.
thnx again.
Member with 3,853 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Mar-2012, 10:05 PM #4
RIP or copy the contents to the HDD and test. That will rule out the disc type as the problem. Aside from that, I'd have to say it was the way it was authored.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
udf video, vlc media player

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!