Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Please help - Mic issues!!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Apr-2012, 05:00 AM #1
Please help - Mic issues!!
Having a very frustrating few days.. I will try to summarize as well as I can.. I use a Turtle Beach EarForce x11 headset. For those who don't know.. this is an Xbox AND PC headset. It has a USB plug to power the headset, a green jack for audio and a pink for mic.

With my old set up, I could never get the mic to work if it was plugged into the pink Jack next to the green. So what I had to do was to plug the USB and the green into the back of the machine, and the mic into the front. Then it all worked fine. My friend recently upgraded his system and his old machine was still very decent.. so he gave it to me. Everything works fine except the audio.

At first I had no sound at all unless I hooked up the stereo. I finally got that fixed but now, I have the same problem as before. I cant plug the mic into the front as it wont stretch that far. The audio doesn't work at all when plugged in at the front. At the moment.. I ave everything hooked up in the back. The audio works fine, the mic, while registering in Realtek audio manager isn't working. I KNOW the mic works fine.. when I blow on it or speak into it.. I hear it in the headset the same way as I did before.
My audio drivers are all up to date. I've gone into the windows sounds and audio and have made sure everything is set right and that the volume control on the mic and recording level is up.

Another piece of info, although I'm not sure how relevant this will be..

Before when I plugged my mic and audio into neighboring jacks.. I got a very small amount of background static.. when the jacks were plugged into different sides of the machine.. that went away. I have the same thing now.. if the mic isn't plugged in.. No static.. when I have the mic plugged in next to the audio jack.. background static.

Also, I tried plugging a different mic into both the front and back Jacks.. no go.. doesn't work. PLEASE HELP.. I'm out of ideas!!

(Update: I managed to get the same hookup I had before, audio in the front panel, mic in the back. That still didn't work. I moved my audion jack to the blue plug in the back.. so now the mic is still plugged in and showing up in the Realtek audio manager, but no more static. Mis still not working though. Interesting side note.. I opened up some voice recording software, and while, obviously my mic isn't working.. the bar that shows my voice level flashed for a second like it had picked up my mic, then went dead and empty again. Please see included link for my audio settings)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77569545@N08/6955821206/

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2558 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 896 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 403140 MB;
Motherboard: Foxconn, RC4107MA-S2
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Last edited by Kittenmer; 22-Apr-2012 at 07:28 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
audio, headset, jacks, mic, sound issues

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!