Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

No Sound through HDMI with Windows Media Player Classic

(!)

Member with 72 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-May-2012, 11:52 PM #1
No Sound through HDMI with Windows Media Player Classic
Hello,
I'm running the KLite Codec pack with Windows Media Player Classic. For the past year, there haven't been any problems. But now I don't get any sound when I use WMPC with HDMI output for sound. I can use Windows Media Player and VLC without any issues. Also, WMPC works if I change the output to my computer speakers. I just started experiencing this issue, and I haven't been able to resolve it. I've forced the output to the receiver (HDMI), changed channel configurations, used different types of media, etc. I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

Specs:
Window 7 Ultimate
NVidia GeForce GT 520 (for video and sound over HDMI)
NVidia High Definition Audio (HDMI) <---- This only works with VLC and Windows Media Player
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) <----- this one works with all media players, its the build in computer speakers over audio cable.
Member with 3,923 posts.

17-May-2012, 06:39 PM #2
You should be able to set the HDMI output as the default source in the audio setup. That will send ALL Wiindows audio out the HDMI port.

You can also select which audio chipset is used within the media player itself. That option will only send the media player audio out the HDMI port.
Member with 72 posts.

25-May-2012, 09:48 PM #3
That's the way its set. Seems to be a problem with Windows Media Player Classic and its Codecs. Reinstall time.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
26-May-2012, 12:28 AM #4
What is the audio output set to in MPC?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
audio, codec, hdmi, sound

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!