Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My video audio keeps muting when I upload it to my computer

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

12-Jun-2012, 04:57 PM #1
My video audio keeps muting when I upload it to my computer
I have a Kodak Easy share M575 camera that I use to film videos with. It has always worked well for me, except for last night. I uploaded some video to my laptop as always, but when I went to edit them, the audio was basically gone on all of them. I hear it fine when I watch them on my camera, but not after I upload it. I know it's my laptop because i can hear the audio on another laptop. Do you know why my laptop won't play the new video audio? I have a Compaq laptop with Vista.
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,113 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Jun-2012, 05:12 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmer View Post
the audio was basically gone on all of them.
Hi Cowmer, and welcome to TSG.

I may not be able to help, but it could help someone else here to help you if you gave us some more details ...

Do you have any older videos saved on the computer that you know for sure had working sound and do they play OK in the editor?

Do you hear sound OK for other applications?

How are you transferring the files from the camera to the computer?

What software are you using to edit the files?
Member with 3 posts.

12-Jun-2012, 07:03 PM #3
The old files all work in everything. It is only the new files that are muted. I connect the camera with a usb, like i did for the working old files. The new files are muted in everything, not just the editor. The audio is automatically muted on the new ones when I upload them.
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,113 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Jun-2012, 10:36 AM #4
Are you using Kodak Easy Share software to transfer the files from the camera to the computer or some other way? are you using the exact same version on both computers?

When you say the files work on a second laptop, are you transferring them directly from the camera to the second laptop? If so, try copying one of the problem files from the problem laptop to the second laptop and see if the sound works on them.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
audio, camera, compaq, troubleshooting, upload

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!