Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Audio not working Please help

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jun-2012, 10:18 PM #1
Unhappy Audio not working Please help
To start out, I am running Windows 7 ultimate edition 64-bit. My audio stopped working yesterday and I can't fix the problem. Before it was working fine. I turned my PC on yesterday and couldn't get it (audio) to work. The last time it was on and the audio was working fine I had installed some new software (Malwarebytes, bitdefender and Microsoft Office) so that might be it. I also checked and there was a window update that also occurred. There is a little red x on my speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar. When I left click on it windows tries to fix it (unsurprisingly unsuccessful) and says that one or more audio services isn't running. When I right click on it and press on playback or recording devices it says that No audio devices are installed. When I click on sounds it says that windows audio service is not running and if I would like to enable it, I click on yes but that doesn't fix it.

Now to the specifics:
1. I have done a system restore to the earliest point possible and it still didn't fix the problem.
2. I have uninstalled Malwarebytes and bitdefender.
3. In several places I read that people messed with msconfig startup and I did too, but that was AFTER the problem occured.
4. I have uninstalled and re-installed my audio driver several times (My sound-card is HT striker 7.1 and the mobo audio is also not working)
5. My soundcard is displayed in the device manager and when I right click and click on properties it says it is working fine.
6. I have gone into services and Windows Audio is set to automatic, but it is not started. Before, when I clicked on start "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly" would pop up. I then restarted my pc and tried it again, but this time "Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process" pops up. I clicked on properties and clicked on Log On tab and have it boxed for this account (I am pretty sure I have the right account boxed on). This problem is still present.
7. All other services that Windows audio depends on are working fine.
8. When this problem occurred google chrome flash player also stopped working (got problem 0x0000000a) but I just re-installed chrome and the problem went away.
9. Several times I've had to troubleshoot my internet connection because it wouldn't connect on start-up, but this is easily fixed by windows troubleshooter.

Well those are all the details that I can think of right now, if I missed anything I'll post it up. I've also attached the hijackthis and dds files. Thank you for your efforts in trying to fix my problem !
Attached Files
File Type: log hijackthis.log (8.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: txt DDS.txt (21.6 KB, 72 views)
File Type: txt Attach.txt (15.9 KB, 165 views)
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Jun-2012, 07:47 PM #2
Well I figured out what was wrong, am hoping this will help any other people that are having similar problems. To fix the problem I re-installed windows since I could not find a solution anywhere. The thing is though that after I re-installed another error came up and since it was already the 4th time I had to re-install windows in the past 2 months because of random errors I finally realized it was a hardware issue. I only thought it was software (windows updates) because the problems would ALWAYS happen after a windows update. Anyway I checked my HD for errors and sure enough it was faulty. So to anyone having similar/random errors that re-installing windows wont fix check your hardware...Do memtest86+, check HD...HD Tune, and clear bios, it will most likely be one of those at fault. I hope others learn from my headache lol.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
audio, error 1067, error 1079

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!