Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Converting .m4v to .avi

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Jun-2012, 02:14 PM #1
Solved: Converting .m4v to .avi
I bought some MLB games (3+ hours long) from the iTunes store, and I've tried (with no success) to convert them to .avi format so they will work with ManyCam, since the program only allows you to play AVI, MPEG, MPG, AND WMV. I've tried putting them on a DVD, but that didn't work either. Is there some way to convert these to one of the italicized formats above, or am I out of luck?
Member with 4,017 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jun-2012, 07:05 PM #2
I'll start by saying that I don't use iTunes.

With that said, most content purchased through iTunes has DRM. I don't know that it can (legally) be converted to another format as the process usually removed the DRM. In any case, there are numerous conversion tools available. Give Freemake a shot and see what happens: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 07:45 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddba11 View Post
I'll start by saying that I don't use iTunes.

With that said, most content purchased through iTunes has DRM. I don't know that it can (legally) be converted to another format as the process usually removed the DRM. In any case, there are numerous conversion tools available. Give Freemake a shot and see what happens: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
It didn't work, and to make things worse, it deleted all but three of my Chrome extensions.
Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 09:33 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRustles View Post
I bought some MLB games (3+ hours long) from the iTunes store, and I've tried (with no success) to convert them to .avi format so they will work with ManyCam, since the program only allows you to play AVI, MPEG, MPG, AND WMV. I've tried putting them on a DVD, but that didn't work either. Is there some way to convert these to one of the italicized formats above, or am I out of luck?
You can try this itunes m4v Converter http://www.isoftcoupon.com/iskysoft/drm-removal.html
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 11:37 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerlinks View Post
You can try this itunes m4v Converter http://www.isoftcoupon.com/iskysoft/drm-removal.html
Thanks, that did work. I don't know if I can buy it, but it converted it very nicely. Thanks for the recommendation.
Member with 1 posts.

28-Jun-2012, 09:19 AM #6
if the m4v movie were purchased through iTunes they may have a DRM attached, apple don't allow you convert it to other format
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
avi, m4v, manycam

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!