Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Flash Player 11 problem

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Jul-2012, 06:56 PM #1
Flash Player 11 problem
I saw this unanswered post from Jessica 116:

Adobe fash player 11 problems
I have downloaded the latest adobe flash player 11 I have no problem watching you tube videos but when i go to different sites i get blank white boxes where it should be showing videos or advertisments and i can't play games on facebook either i am running windows 7 with ie9 please help!!!!

This is exactly what's been happening to me. It affects IE8 and Firefox (I tried the download for 11.2.300.262 and that didn't solve the problem), as well as OE8 and even Word. My video card and monitor are running fine. Lots of RAM. If I keep one or two windows open in IE8, I don't have the problem, but if I open Firefox and OE at the same time, it happens.

This only started happening within the last week or so. prior to that time, I had no problems with any of the above, and my computer hasn't changed at all (no new hardware, etc.).

On the Adobe forums people are reported crashes with Flash 11. 257, so somehow all this is related.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Member with 423 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 08:17 PM #2
Member with 4 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 01:17 PM #3
I tried to install Flash 10, but Adobe denied me, saying I needed the latest version. And the 262 version which is supposed to fix the Firefox problem doesn't work. Plus, main problem is with IE8 and the problem affecting OE8 and even Word.

What to do?
Member with 3,693 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Jul-2012, 11:34 AM #4
Uninstall Flash using Add and Remove programs (or a program such as Revo Uninstaller), reboot, and install an older known working version of Flash.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,248 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Jul-2012, 11:17 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddba11 View Post
Uninstall Flash using Add and Remove programs (or a program such as Revo Uninstaller), reboot, and install an older known working version of Flash.
There's a special uninstaller provided by Adobe to remove all versions of Flash from your computer:

Flash Uninstaller
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!