Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: WMP songs

(!)

Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-Aug-2012, 04:18 PM #1
Solved: WMP songs
i got some songs off the internet, but some of them dont have song info and album artwork. Using itunes, i got missing info and album artwork i needed. i wanted to put songs on my phone so i was going to use WMP. WMP was updateing info on song but it got the wrong info (because it used the internet and not the files) so i go back to my music folder and i noticed that the info has gotten messed up again, how do i fix that, so that when i make a change to a song on itunes it changes it also the file in the original file location?
Member with 3,693 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Aug-2012, 07:17 PM #2
Update the mp3 tag info. There are numerous programs available, such as http://download.cnet.com/ID3-TagIT/3...-10544467.html & http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
Member with 10 posts.

02-Aug-2012, 11:17 AM #3
that helped, sort of, but i want any changes made on itunes to be made automaticlly in the original file location. so like, lets say a song in the original file location has no name and album artwork i changed using itunes. but if i go back to the original file location it did no change whatsoever, still nameless and album artworkless
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

02-Aug-2012, 12:25 PM #4
Are you trying to use both iTunes and Windows Media Player to manage the same music library? I think you're going to continue to have problems if you do that.
Member with 10 posts.

02-Aug-2012, 06:10 PM #5
itunes to manage, WMP for downloading songs to phone cuz i dont have a iphone/ipod
Member with 3,693 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Aug-2012, 08:31 PM #6
I would say iTunes is NOT updating the mp3 tag info of the file, but is likely simply updating it's own file database. If you update the file information (ie: mp3 tag), it will be correct for any software or player that reads the file.

Spend the time to ensure all of your mp3 files are correctly tagged, and they will work in any software or hardware.
Member with 10 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 01:02 PM #7
i finally did it, thnx everyone
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
album artwork, music, song information, wmp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!