Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

EtronXHCI error / Audio Related?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Aug-2012, 09:16 AM #1
EtronXHCI error / Audio Related?
I just purchased a new headset (razer megalodon), however when I try to connect it to any of my 3.0 USB ports a blue screen of death appears with the following error:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
EtronXHCI.sys
Address: FFFFF880104AA51E
Base: FFFFF880104A600
Stamp: 4d433943

This error occurs when I go into Control Panel and switch the audio from my 2.1 channel desk speakers to my headset. However, when I plug the headset into the normal 2.0 USB port located at the front of my antec case it works normally without any errors.

I even updated the firmware from 2.10 to 2.12 and also updated the Etron driver (Etron USB 3.0 driver ver:0.96_WHQL) from the AsRock website.

I can play all audio via the 2.0 front port, but none of the ports at the back of the case work properly. Even though my razer mouse, keyboard, etc all connected from the back on the ports.

Any ideas?
Member with 3,506 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Aug-2012, 10:08 PM #2
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is typically a driver issue.

In this instance, the drivers for that chipset/ports are most likely the cause. While the ports themselves are backwards compatible, the drivers for the USB 3 chipsets need some work yet. Some models also have two sets of drivers. I know on my MB, all of the ports worked fine as USB2, but in order for the USB 3 ports to function as USB 3, a different driver installation was required.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!