Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Stuttering sound on video playback

(!)

Member with 164 posts.

Experience: Semi-advanced
15-Aug-2012, 05:16 PM #1
Stuttering sound on video playback
Recently I have experienced poor sound quality when I try to play an ordinary video clip on the internet. It is an on-off, sort of stuttering sound as if the sound was being reproduced before it had all been received. I checked my download speed at the time this occurred and it was 6.5 Mbps. My operating system is as follows:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2000+, x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 30147 MB, Free - 8176 MB; D: Total - 1984 MB, Free - 1873 MB; E: Total - 11989 MB, Free - 8562 MB; F: Total - 15986 MB, Free - 5198 MB; G: Total - 19992 MB, Free - 17404 MB; K: Total - 26288 MB, Free - 21068 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., A7V600-X
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Member with 3,848 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Aug-2012, 10:27 PM #2
Most common causes are the stream itself (either to high for your internet connection, or network congestion, or server congestion) or the media player (ie: Flash, java, etc.).

First step, update/reinstall the media player.

You also need to note the type of video. For instance, if you are streaming HD video, then you could simply be seeing a hardware lmitation (ie: your PC is too slow). This would be the case if your PC specs are accurate.

Open Task Manager and watch the cpu usage. If it is high (ie: 90% +), then you are likely seeing the limits of your hardware. You can switch to the processes tab to see which process is using the cpu.
Member with 164 posts.

Experience: Semi-advanced
16-Aug-2012, 03:39 PM #3
Thank you. I will work on these.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!