Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Decompressing MP4 HD Webcam Vid?

(!)

Member with 99 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Aug-2012, 09:11 PM #1
Question Decompressing MP4 HD Webcam Vid?
Hello all, I have a Logitech C910 which I am beginning to regret over the C920 I almost bought instead. Mine has the bigger sensor but is only 720P and slightly less options. I recently recorded an almost 40min high def video that was immediately compressed when finished. I couldn't stop it and wish I could. I was able to find the setting to make future vids high-def / large files but now i'm stuck with this vid that looks Terrible. It's pixelated and the color is all washed out, it's just bad and almost completely unwatchable.

Can someone tell me how to reverse what my webcam did to it? In shorter vids it doesn't compress and the vids look great for a webcam. What is the best app and tool I can use to extract the quality back out?

Edit: My C910 is the Pro one not sure if there is a diff one but it is 1080P for video recording, only 720P max for video calling, the C920 does 1080P video but with Skype only just thought I should throw that comparison out there, I am glad I went with C910 I think. Too many reports of blurryness on C920 but I really wish the C910 compressed into H.264 codec like the C920 instead of Mpeg4.

Last edited by TheWhiteKnight; 17-Aug-2012 at 10:02 PM..
Member with 3,503 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Aug-2012, 11:34 PM #2
You can't. You need to configure the camera to record/store the files in the format needed for use.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!