Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Transfer Personal Videos from DVD to MPEG format so I can edit and put online

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
20-Aug-2012, 02:41 AM #1
Transfer Personal Videos from DVD to MPEG format so I can edit and put online
Hi

I'm trying to convert my PERSONAL videos of my theater performances that were converted from VHS to DVD to a format that I can edit and put online. I need to make a show reel using snippets from these DVD recordings. How do I cheaply and efficiently rip my DVDs to my computer and then edit them so I can upload them to youtube or send them via email. I swear that these are DVDs of my performing but I can't just copy the DVD because I need to compile them in one video. I have several DVDs of my performances and I have a Windows based computer with Corel Video Studio. Will I need a better editing program? I really don't want to pay for a fancy rip software because it seems like what I'm doing should be fairly simple. All of the DVDs have VIDEO_RM and VIDEO_TS formats because they were converted to legit DVDs from VHS tapes of the performances. I'd also just like to back up my performances to my computer for posterity. For future reference, is there some other format I should use besides DVD when I'm being recorded? Usually, I hire someone to do it for me and they digitally record it and then send me a copy on either VHS or DVD but the rights to the performance are all mine...thanks for any help!

Last edited by SingingActress; 20-Aug-2012 at 02:47 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dvd rip, online video, video editing, video editing software

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!