Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows Media Center display driver error the video playback device does not support

(!)

Member with 149 posts.

30-Jul-2013, 07:07 PM #1
Windows Media Center display driver error the video playback device does not support
Hello everyone, I have a problem that is driving me crazy. I am able to access all my channels when viewing them on my Windows 7 laptop using Media Center. When I hook up a HDMI cable to the laptop and connect it to my TV I get the following error.."display driver error the video playback device does not support playback of protected content". I have updated the video card drivers and this issue still persists. Does anyone have any ideas to solve this. I am using a HDHomerun Prime and this is the only way I have to watch live TV on my TV. Thanks in advance for everyone's help
Member with 3,910 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jul-2013, 07:52 PM #2
"display driver error the video playback device does not support playback of protected content"

Infers the content/media that you are playing is protected and/or the HDCP handshake is not taking place. This is likely a hardware issue. The video chipset (ie: HDMI port) or the TV does not support HDCP.

Try viewing a different channel or content.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!