Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

can u reburn audio cdr

(!)

Member with 213 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Nov-2004, 09:21 PM #1
can u reburn audio cdr
I know this might be dumn question. I am new to burning cd's. I have nti cd maker 2000 and I burned a audio cd with just one song on it. Not an mp3 which i was able to put more songs on the cd after already having songs on there. But the one cd i chose audio cd and put one song on there and it won't let me put anymore on there.I finished the installation and then tried to put more songs on it.It says to put blank cd in. Is there a way to put more audios on it? I believe it was .wav format. But i know i can convert type of music saved but wondered if there was an option to reburn more songs on the audio cd so it's not wasated space with one song on it. . thanks,kim
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
21-Nov-2004, 09:33 PM #2
When you burn a CD, there is usually an option to do it as "multisession" or not. A multisession CD is not "finalized" and more can be added to it later. Once the CD has been finalized, you can't add any more. You need a new CD (unless it's a re-writable, in which case you can erase it, of course).
Computer Specs
Member with 5,646 posts.

Experience: 1+3+3=7
21-Nov-2004, 09:39 PM #3
unfinalized disks most of the time can't be played in normal cd player. Most data cd's i usually do not close (finalize) because i burn in session at once, that way if all i had is like 2 megabytes i don't have to waste the whole disk, reusing it over and over. By the end of a cdr, i'll probably have over 80 sessions, each time putting some other small piece of data on it. On what i see as my last burn i usually select to close the disk.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

21-Nov-2004, 09:57 PM #4
Audio CD's are a special case, and they have to be burned all at once. There is no "multi-session" defined for standard audio CD media.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,646 posts.

21-Nov-2004, 10:44 PM #5
actually all disks' data must reside in a session. There is mostly only one session for audio cds, but some contain special features for computer use on other sessions like autoplay etc. The audio is usually in the first session though because not many players can play beyond that session. The format standard i beleive is CD-Extra.
Member with 213 posts.

22-Nov-2004, 10:14 AM #6
thanks all!
Well thankyou all for your input. I do have the mixed mode and session explorer but chose audio cd so I will just throw it away. I only had one cd left and that's why i was trying to reuse it or i would've just started over on a new one.

See i wanted to choose songs from two different cd's and I usually just pick copy cd but wanted to not put all the songs on from one cd that i didn't like and didn't know how to do it. But then i found on media player how to rip the music. So I just did that and then will buy more cdr's today and reburn what I want. If you know a better way, would love to hear it. Thanks All!! Kim,,
Computer Specs
Member with 5,646 posts.

22-Nov-2004, 12:57 PM #7
you're welcome.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

22-Nov-2004, 03:50 PM #8
I was not considering the CD-Extra format, since it didn't appear that was the concern here. The prime point is that all the audio tracks have to be burned in a single pass, no adding on later...
Computer Specs
Member with 5,646 posts.

22-Nov-2004, 11:30 PM #9
yah. only quality cd players can read tracks from other sessions, but the idea of "car audio" <old concept, the cd player only recognises (from track one up) songs on session one and must be finalized w/ a table of contents. ur right i wouldn't consider cd-extra as the format this pertains to, but for a good'ole data cd i wouldnt finalise it till the last burn that would make it full.
Member with 213 posts.

23-Nov-2004, 11:03 PM #10
Thumbs up Thanks
Okay, thanks for all. Sorry if confused you. I dont' know really what i am talking about so might mix you up. I will just burn cd's as a whole and leave the rest alone. lol,,,thanks,,,Kim
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!