Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Multisession with Nero 6


(!)

bigbear's Avatar
Computer Specs
Member with 4,715 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southampton UK
Experience: Advanced
05-Jul-2005, 11:40 AM #1
Multisession with Nero 6
Can anyone tell me how copy data onto a disc, then at a later date copy more data onto the same disc.
When I have tried to do this I can't access the first lot of data.
I used to be able to do this in an older version of Nero without any problem but have not been able to work it out in Nero 6 OEM suite ver 6.6.0.14
Thanks for any help
Surreal2's Avatar
Surreal2 Surreal2 is offline
Senior Member with 579 posts.
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Experience: Intermediate
06-Jul-2005, 05:05 AM #2
I assume you burned the first and subsequent sets of data using the 'multisession' option without selecting 'finalise cd'?

Although Windows Explorer normally only shows the last track of a multisession CD, Nero 5 automatically installs a program called multi-mounter - I'm hoping this is also included with Nero 6.

To use multi-mounter:

Load the CD, right-click on the CD drive in Windows Explorer, choose Properties and then select the Volumes tab.

You should see all the tracks on the CD. Select the track you want and click OK.
bigbear's Avatar
Computer Specs
Member with 4,715 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southampton UK
Experience: Advanced
06-Jul-2005, 01:35 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal2
I assume you burned the first and subsequent sets of data using the 'multisession' option without selecting 'finalise cd'?

Although Windows Explorer normally only shows the last track of a multisession CD, Nero 5 automatically installs a program called multi-mounter - I'm hoping this is also included with Nero 6.

To use multi-mounter:

Load the CD, right-click on the CD drive in Windows Explorer, choose Properties and then select the Volumes tab.

You should see all the tracks on the CD. Select the track you want and click OK.
I'm sure if Nero 6 has the same fuction as 5, but In Nero express if I want to add to a disc with data on it I get a message
(The disc you have inserted is not empty, But the writing mode of your compilation is 'Start multisession or No multisession'. This will cause the information already on the disc to be inacessable via windows explorer. Should Nero proceed with writing to disc?)
As you can see from the message if i click yes all my orignal data disappears.
Many thanks for any help
Surreal2's Avatar
Surreal2 Surreal2 is offline
Senior Member with 579 posts.
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Experience: Intermediate
07-Jul-2005, 04:19 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear
I'm sure if Nero 6 has the same fuction as 5, but In Nero express if I want to add to a disc with data on it I get a message
(The disc you have inserted is not empty, But the writing mode of your compilation is 'Start multisession or No multisession'. This will cause the information already on the disc to be inacessable via windows explorer. Should Nero proceed with writing to disc?)
As you can see from the message if i click yes all my orignal data disappears.
Many thanks for any help
Yes, as I said, data on a multi session disk will be inaccessible to Windows Explorer alone, but have you tried the steps I gave before (which bring multi-mounter's ability to see previous sessions into play)?

I tend to use Nero Burning Rom rather than Nero Express because it has more controls. I'm not sure if NE gives the option to choose multi session or not when you start the burn, but from the message you've received when trying to add data to a disk I'd guess that it does but that you chose 'single session' for the first burn.
bigbear's Avatar
Computer Specs
Member with 4,715 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southampton UK
Experience: Advanced
07-Jul-2005, 11:55 AM #5
I have tried what you said but there appears to be no volumes tab in explorer and no program called multi-mounter. There is no option to change from multi-session or not, that I can find.
There is no burning rom in the suite I have, does this mean I will have to purchase more nero software?
Surreal2's Avatar
Surreal2 Surreal2 is offline
Senior Member with 579 posts.
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Experience: Intermediate
07-Jul-2005, 12:17 PM #6
No, you can't actually 'find' the multi mounter program, but if you have no Volumes tab in Explorer I'd guess you don't have it.

Was Nero pre-installed and do you have an installation disk for it? If you do have a disk (sometimes computer suppliers provide an 'applications' disk with various software rather than separate disks) it might be worth exploring what is on it as the next step.

If you don't then can you reinstall your previous version of Nero?

I'm not sure where to go next, other than to contact the computer supplier for advice. I'd hesitate to suggest you should buy more software until all help channels have been fully explored...I'll try and see if I can get this thread reviewed by a moderator for help. There may be freeware that might help.
bigbear's Avatar
Computer Specs
Member with 4,715 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southampton UK
Experience: Advanced
07-Jul-2005, 01:17 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal2
No, you can't actually 'find' the multi mounter program, but if you have no Volumes tab in Explorer I'd guess you don't have it.

Was Nero pre-installed and do you have an installation disk for it? If you do have a disk (sometimes computer suppliers provide an 'applications' disk with various software rather than separate disks) it might be worth exploring what is on it as the next step.

If you don't then can you reinstall your previous version of Nero?

I'm not sure where to go next, other than to contact the computer supplier for advice. I'd hesitate to suggest you should buy more software until all help channels have been fully explored...I'll try and see if I can get this thread reviewed by a moderator for help. There may be freeware that might help.
I purchased Nero OEM Suite thinking it was the lastest all singing all dancing burning software, sadly not the case! unless some one out there can tell me different?
Thanks for your help anyway
kole phy's Avatar
kole phy kole phy is offline
Junior Member with 5 posts.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Experience: Beginner
23-Jul-2005, 04:34 AM #8
Red face need help with nero
i need help with nero burning a movie ...its 699mb and my cd-r is 700mb and it keeps saying not enough space for this compilation" and since its not enough space, i was wondering how do you burn a movie into two discs like cd1 and cd 2 .
kole phy's Avatar
kole phy kole phy is offline
Junior Member with 5 posts.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Experience: Beginner
23-Jul-2005, 04:38 AM #9
oh yeah and i have nero 6.0.0.11 ultra and i cant seem to do it
lister's Avatar
Senior Member with 1,993 posts.
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Belfast, UK
23-Jul-2005, 05:26 AM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear
I'm sure if Nero 6 has the same fuction as 5, but In Nero express if I want to add to a disc with data on it I get a message
(The disc you have inserted is not empty, But the writing mode of your compilation is 'Start multisession or No multisession'. This will cause the information already on the disc to be inacessable via windows explorer. Should Nero proceed with writing to disc?)
As you can see from the message if i click yes all my orignal data disappears.
Many thanks for any help
Is there no option to continue 'Continue Multisession Disc'?
kole phy's Avatar
kole phy kole phy is offline
Junior Member with 5 posts.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Experience: Beginner
23-Jul-2005, 11:57 AM #11
where can the mulitsession be found , its not at the video cd tab its only with the (cr-rom)iso tab.
bigbear's Avatar
Computer Specs
Member with 4,715 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southampton UK
Experience: Advanced
23-Jul-2005, 01:09 PM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kole phy
i need help with nero burning a movie ...its 699mb and my cd-r is 700mb and it keeps saying not enough space for this compilation" and since its not enough space, i was wondering how do you burn a movie into two discs like cd1 and cd 2 .
Get DVDShrink to shrink copy to disc

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
kole phy's Avatar
kole phy kole phy is offline
Junior Member with 5 posts.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Experience: Beginner
23-Jul-2005, 01:34 PM #13
i need to burn a movie that i downloaded off the internet and that dvdshrink software didnt work thanks anyway. i just want to know how to burn with multisession and where mulitisession is located in nero 6.0.0.11. and i need to burn a vcd but theres no multisession with it , its only when u want to burn a cd-rom(iso) then theres a multisession.
~Candy~'s Avatar
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Experience: Advanced
25-Jul-2005, 11:32 AM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kole phy
i need to burn a movie that i downloaded off the internet and that dvdshrink software didnt work thanks anyway. i just want to know how to burn with multisession and where mulitisession is located in nero 6.0.0.11. and i need to burn a vcd but theres no multisession with it , its only when u want to burn a cd-rom(iso) then theres a multisession.

Your other thread was closed. We do not support illegal activities here so please do not post this question again or your account will be disabled.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.


(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


WELCOME
You Are Using: Server ID
Trusted Website Back to the Top ↑

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2