Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

1X CD Burning Speed

(!)

Junior Member with 11 posts.

Experience: I know just enough to be dangerous
26-Dec-2005, 03:50 PM #1
1X CD Burning Speed
A friend of mine is a professional in the music industry. In order to maintain the highest quality of her music CDs she likes to burn files at 1X speed (real time).

She recently got a new computer with Win XP Pro, Sonic CD burner program, and also downloaded Real Player, and Media Player. No matter which one she uses they all burn at something like 24X or greater. Can’t really tell what the speed is as it doesn’t show up anywhere.

Heard about a tweak and gave it a try: Open My Computer and right click the “E:” drive (burner drive). Then Properties and then the Burn tab. At the bottom of that window you can set the burn speed to 1X, but it has no effect on how fast the other programs burn the CDs.

Any suggestions?
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

26-Dec-2005, 06:18 PM #2
Most modern CD drives will burn as slow as 4x or 8x, so I suspect this is a program limitation, not a drive limitation. I don't think you'll get any modern drive to burn at 1x, at least I haven't seen one that'll do it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!