Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Burning a Music CD without pauses between each track

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 5,037 posts.

Experience: I get by
03-Jun-2006, 07:56 PM #16
if that was to me JW I'm using nero 6.6
Member with 36 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Jun-2006, 08:00 PM #17
i have nero 6 ultra edition.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,037 posts.

Experience: I get by
03-Jun-2006, 08:05 PM #18
thats the same version I'm using bachrock, when you tried to do the gapless burn did you leave the default pause alone with the first track or did you set that to 0sec as well? I'm pretty sure that leaving that first track alone is how I got it to work for me.
Member with 36 posts.

03-Jun-2006, 08:15 PM #19
i don't have a spare cd on me so i can't check, but i must've changed the pause for the first track. you seem pretty sure that that's my mistake so i'll try that next time i burn a cd. thanks.
Computer Specs
Member with 8,709 posts.

04-Jun-2006, 06:20 AM #20
Yes, in Nero you must not choose to alter the gaps at the start or end of the CD (before the first track and after the last one). Everything in between can be de-gapped.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 4,825 posts.

Experience: Semi-advanced
05-Jun-2006, 04:48 PM #21
As JW said use Nero Express and tick 'no pause between tracks'. Done this for years it works correctly. Some times with a continuous play CD made up of mp3's you might get a very slight glitch/hiccup, but no pauses for me. On some older burners it doesn't work due to Track at Once vs. Disc at Once burning abilities.
Member with 36 posts.

05-Jun-2006, 08:01 PM #22
excellent. my burner is less than 2 years old so i'm thinking it should work. thanks.
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,920 posts.

05-Jun-2006, 09:21 PM #23
I think I have the OEM Suite of Nero... I think i will test that out.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 23 posts.

Experience: intermediate-advanced
07-Jun-2006, 06:02 AM #24
Just select all the audio files to be burnt -> right click -> properties -> set gaps(pause) between tracks to 0 -> burn -> Nero will say "there mus be a pause of at least..." -> Click OK(or YES) and the CD will be good.

Peace, MJ
Junior Member with 2 posts.

07-Jun-2006, 12:54 PM #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachrock
I'm trying to burn a music cd so that there are no pauses between each track. The programs I've tried are Nero and WMP. When I set the pause time to 0:00 in Nero I got this error message:

Nero has detected that the following audio properties are not supported by your recorder in the current write mode and need to be modified:

CD specifications allows only 2-3 seconds pause for the first track

Can anyone help burn a cd without pauses between each track? Thanks.
This is easy stuff. I use Nero and it gives you the option to have gapless burning. I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'll give you the exact details tonight when I get home. But essentially, all the CD's that I burn have absolutely no gaps, and what's more, I can set Nero so that it actually fades from one song into the next. That's really cool and it sounds like it's one long recording (almost). I once tried making one long mp3 to fit on a CD (like Mulder suggests), but that's a lot of bull work. Take it from me, I have the answer. See you later tonight.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 4,825 posts.

Experience: Semi-advanced
07-Jun-2006, 01:24 PM #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by justacafe
This is easy stuff. I use Nero and it gives you the option to have gapless burning. I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'll give you the exact details tonight when I get home. But essentially, all the CD's that I burn have absolutely no gaps... Take it from me, I have the answer.
I think that has been said/explained more than a few times, with the exact details, in this thread already.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Feb-2007, 01:33 AM #27
Fix Nero to burn correctly with no gaps
Hey I had the same problem, are you burning an MP3 cd or a regualr audio CD? whenever I'd burn MP3 it'd always have gaps I think it might be my stereo but for an audio cd I did I seletected to delete the gaps on the right bottom side when you add the tracks but when burning it asked if I wanted to continue because it needed 2-3 seconds before first track and I set it to do that and when I played the CD I noticed it deleted a second before EVERY track, actually part of the songs. to not have it show the 2-3 second required before first track error and still have gaps between songs u need to select the first track and click properties on the right and theres a section to add a pause and put 2 in there. I think this might only apply to CDs near the maximum capacity, mine was actually going over so i had to cut my last song a little bit but I got it to work 79:59
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!