Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Fixed the Adobe Flash no sound problem

(!)

Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Aug-2006, 04:29 PM #1
Smile Fixed the Adobe Flash no sound problem
I know a lot of people have had this problem where when they install Adobe Flash Player version 9, that they get no sound when viewing flash content on the web such as google video or cnet videos. Well, someone has shown me how to fix it so I thought I would post the solution on here for everyone else who has the same problem.

Simply copy the following text to a text file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
"vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
"VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
"vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
"vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
"msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
"msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
"msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
"vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
"VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
"msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
"MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
"MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
"vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
"VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
"vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
"VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
"VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

Save it as missing.reg (Make sure you include the Windows Regestry Editor Version 5.00 line) and then double click on the saved file to import it into your regestry and hey presto, you now get sound of flash content. You may have to reedit your sound scheme when you have finnished but at least flash content now works properly. Hope its helpful
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,559 posts.

10-Aug-2006, 01:02 AM #2
how about the brightness? On my machine it was dark
Member with 30 posts.

10-Aug-2006, 04:33 AM #3
Sorry didn't have that problem on mine and someone else showed me how to fix the sound problem. Maybe you can adjust it from your graphic card properties, as some cards (Such as nVidia cards) allow you to adjust the brightness/contrast of just video overlay and leave rest of screen intact, though admitedly, I don't think it will work on flash content but worth a quick try if you have this option!
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

10-Aug-2006, 10:42 AM #4
I will certainy look into that. I just reformatted my machine so I'm pretty sure that the drivers may be at fault.
Junior Member with 3 posts.

10-Aug-2006, 12:09 PM #5
Thanks
Thanks for the fix. It was driving me nuts. I'm still having problems with Windows Media Player, but at least now I can look at crap videos on youtube and google vid.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

20-Aug-2006, 01:49 PM #6
Thank you!
Thanks--I had the same problem, nothing I tried worked, and it was driving me crazy. This fixed it
Junior Member with 1 posts.

22-Aug-2006, 04:06 AM #7
Thanks, that actually worked. Was driving me crazy and searching everywhere for a fix.

Only problem is that the Built in Volume Control on YouTube videos doesn't work at all. Even mute, so I have to use system volume.

But hey, until I find a fix for that at least i have audio.

Thanks
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Doing computer course, average programmer
16-Sep-2006, 07:19 PM #8
cant get it to do it
hey ive been pulling my hair out over this one ive doen everything you said but when i double click on it, it just asks what program i want to open it with! how do i get it into the registry?
sport938
Guest with n/a posts.

25-Sep-2006, 11:47 PM #9
so this doesnt work for me?
i guess im stupid =[
Computer Specs

26-Sep-2006, 04:28 AM #10
re: sport938
try going to http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/webf...&enterthread=y
theres is literally loads of people with the same problem and loads of solutions and i tried them all and none of them worked for me... it wasnt untill i realised that the windows start up sounds were not working either and then i remembered that i only had the rear and side speakers plugged in and internet sounds only play through the FRONT speakers...i felt a bit of a noob....so dont worry your not stupid whateva u done lol cause i did the stupidest
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Oct-2006, 03:27 PM #11
Thank you so much!
I replaced my motherboard about a month and a half ago, and no windows default sounds were working, and neither was flash. All applications which relied on a specified audio output worked fine, but nothing else seemed to. This fixed it 100%, I cannot thank you enough for how much this has helped me out! I'm more than an average computer user, but this one had me stumped for the longest time! I'm very grateful, and thanks again!
Computer Specs

17-Oct-2006, 04:53 PM #12
Your Welcom :)
yer it had me stumped for a very long time too and im meant to be a programmer! im glad i could help!
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Oct-2006, 06:16 PM #13
Mind if I ask what this technically did? Were some system files mapped incorrectly, or what? And why "Windows NT" instead of regular "Windows"? I've had minimal experience with registry editing, and am a bit curious.

17-Oct-2006, 07:36 PM #14
Windows NT is the platform. If you are using Windows XP, then it would be Windows NT because it's based on the NT platform.
Computer Specs

18-Oct-2006, 10:04 AM #15
well according to the threads on that forum, and the amount of stuff i tried to do with the registry editing has lead me to believe that once youve written a code segment like that, and save it as a .reg it instantly becomes like a executable piece of code that imports all the libarys in question into the registery and the very important one in that file seems to be one called WAVEMAPPER, which ive come accross in programming it seems to be a handle for wav sounds which ive noticed windows likes to use, and apparently the new version of adobe flash sometimes acidently removes it from the registry and the fix simply puts it back. but im not that sure as i said its merely the conclusion ive come to.

windows nt though i could go on about for some time, i wont go into to much detail but around the time windows 98 was being written (i think) which was posibly around 1980 all the windows programs where based on DOS, which was a bit...crap, caused crashes and stuff, so microsoft got together with IBM to write OS 2, which was like a new operating system and then a bunch of s**** happened and microsoft as usual came out on top, it fell out with IBM and took OS 2 all for itself and renamed it to NT that stands for New technology, so then microsoft based some operating systems on NT and some on dos...98, and i think ME. then 2000 was meant to be an accumaltion of both, built on NT but with emulators and stuff for dos. then finally XP was the new soley NT based operating system, which is why it doesnt support some things that 2000 will as it technically shouldnt have the emulators. so whereas windows was really based on dos, windows nt is based on the os 2, which really should belong to IBM but microsoft are evil backstabbing b*******...even there DOS was stolen lol....2bh i wonder if they ever programmed anything....(sorry msft pleas employ me lol)
and thats pretty much the story i can remember from the long *** assingment i had to do on it, im not sure if its all correct though!

XP is something like NT version 5, it does tell you somewhere. the stupid thing though is that if you notice 2000 start up with the message built on NT technology so technically there saying built on new technology technogy.

hope that helps to some extent, research the history of NT, os2 or windows os's if you really want to know more

oh and ps i would dispute that i am the biggest sonic fan lol i even fixed my megadrive to play the original cartridge as well as my favorite sonic 3 attatched to sonic and knuckles cartridge, best game ever!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!