Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Volume Boost for windows

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 28 posts.

Experience: I Fix Computers, but dont do software =]
10-Apr-2007, 08:24 PM #1
Volume Boost for windows
Hey,

Im using some seriously nice audio hardware, its a realtec 7.1 HD audio card and i want to get more volume. i dont use speakers at the moment (cant afford them, saving up for dual core) but i do use headsets. now i have turned up the headset volume and windows volume is on max and media player volume is on max and even the card software volume is on max. i was wondering if anyone knows of 3rd party programs that will give my sound card just a little more juice.

thanks,

Alastair
Member with 17,584 posts.

11-Apr-2007, 02:04 AM #2
Are the headsets powered? (probably not)

The outputs are "Line Out" with an impedance of ~ 1000 - 2000 ohms, the headsets have about 30 ohms impedance.

The headsets need an amplifier to drive them, the Line Out is designed to drive an amplifier, not headsets. So no, you cannot do what you want, if my guesses above are correct.
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,812 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Apr-2007, 10:48 AM #3
I don't think there is any software that will let your sound card volume "go to eleven". As kiwiguy says, you are trying to drive low impedance headphones from a high impedance, line level source.

I was going to suggest an external headphone amplifier like the ones from this company but they may cost more that just getting some inexpensive amplified speakers that have a headphone jack for the amplified output.

http://www.boostaroo.com/
Computer Specs

11-Apr-2007, 11:05 AM #4
ok, thnx for the help. i have bought some better headphones and hopefuly they will be good enough, otherwise that boostaroo site seems pretty reasonable
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,812 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Apr-2007, 11:42 AM #5
I found a couple of interesting products on newegg.com. The USB based sound controllers that are on this list claim to have amplified headphone outputs. I have no idea about the sound quality though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...lifier&x=0&y=0
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Apr-2007, 09:11 PM #6
hmm
Just get some different head phones, with mine I have to turn the volume way way down in order to even think.
Computer Specs

12-Apr-2007, 05:40 PM #7
these headphones r pretty good actualy, HD sound quality score!

they seen pretty loud so im pleased.. untill they break
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!