Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

SoftThinks CD Creator for HP/Compaq Laptops

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-May-2007, 01:44 PM #1
Unhappy SoftThinks CD Creator for HP/Compaq Laptops
Hello,

This is my first post here. I have had absolutely no success in finding the information I'm looking for anywhere else, so I thought I'd give y'all a try. A few days ago I decided that I wanted to upgrade the HDD in my laptop, but I didn't want to move the recovery partition, so I figured I'd use the supplied program to create some new recovery discs. Well, the last time I tried to use it, the program failed to complete the process, so I was left with a few CDs that were essentially useless, so I chucked them. Apparently, though, now that the program successfully launched, it thinks it successfully created the discs, which it did not, and now I can't create the discs I want to create. I even went so far as to look through the registry after looking for the creator of the program and it did me no good, since the program didn't seem to have any values that I could alter. I figure it may have had one and then once it was launched it removed them, but I have no idea. Since I'm not an expert Windows person, I have no idea how to manipulate it into thinking it still needs to run for the first time. If anyone has any idea, or a work-around, please let me know. Thanks a bundle!

Mikal
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!