Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I transfer pictures to CD's to save space?

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
20-Jun-2007, 12:21 PM #1
Question How do I transfer pictures to CD's to save space?
I have a whole bunch of Pictures saved to my computer that I want to transfer to CD's to save space. I am not sure what kind of CD's to use and I do not want to lose any of the pictures while transfering them. And also if I transfer them to CD's will I be able to print them out after they are on the CD's? Thanks Emily
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 604 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Jun-2007, 12:50 PM #2
You need CD's that say CD-RW, and some type of software to copy them to it.
Senior Member with 204 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Jun-2007, 12:56 PM #3
Yes you will be able to print them out. Maybe you should make sure your PC has a cd or dvd burner first though.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

20-Jun-2007, 02:16 PM #4
Don't use CD-RW disks. They have a shorter lifespan and can corrupt more easily. Use CD-R disks instead. And don't move them to CDs. Perform a copy and paste leaving the originals on your computer until you verify you can open a good portion of the files from the disk. Then make another copy of the CD (you need two copies if the files are important in case something happens to one of the disks).

In my opinion, this would not be how I'd save space on my computer. I'd buy a larger hard drive first. And, of course, I'd have a backed up copy of these pictures on CD and DVD and/or an external hard drive in case something happened to the computer's internal hard drive.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

20-Jun-2007, 02:33 PM #5
Remember: Data you don't have at least two copies of is data you don't care about.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!