Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Can Not View Fox News Video in IE 7 (But Firefox is OK)

(!)

Member with 1,175 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Jul-2007, 10:37 PM #1
Solved: Can Not View Fox News Video in IE 7 (But Firefox is OK)
Does anyone know why I can not view Fox News videos in IE 7, but I can view them in Firefox? I meet all of the system requirments have Windows Media Player 11, and Real Player 10 installed on my system. The videos are being streamed succesfully in Firefox, but not IE. The only problem where this issue occurs is at Fox News:

www.foxnews.com and only on IE 7. Note that Fox News uses it's own media player. Is this an IE 7 glitch or what?

Jack
Senior Member with 467 posts.

05-Jul-2007, 09:46 AM #2
that's strange....In my IE 6 it works fine...So it must IE 7 glitch
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Jul-2007, 02:59 AM #3
View Fox News Video - My Correction
This drove me nuts. However, I found that an antispyware program I use was blocking a
needed SITE. So, before running the Fox News Video, make sure the IE7 Security is set to allow *.DOUBLECLICK.NET. Start IE7, click on TOOLS, Internet Options, Security, Trusted Sites, Sites, and enter *.Doubleclick.Net (if you can't enter it, then remove that setting from Restricted Sites>Sites in the same Window and try again. It was a lengthy search for me to find the Site under Restricted Sites, but it was there). Now you will have *.Doubleclick.net listed as a Trusted Site and the Fox News Video you choose should run without the usual error report and failures. Good Luck!
Member with 1,175 posts.

01-Aug-2007, 04:00 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTidwell
This drove me nuts. However, I found that an antispyware program I use was blocking a
needed SITE. So, before running the Fox News Video, make sure the IE7 Security is set to allow *.DOUBLECLICK.NET. Start IE7, click on TOOLS, Internet Options, Security, Trusted Sites, Sites, and enter *.Doubleclick.Net (if you can't enter it, then remove that setting from Restricted Sites>Sites in the same Window and try again. It was a lengthy search for me to find the Site under Restricted Sites, but it was there). Now you will have *.Doubleclick.net listed as a Trusted Site and the Fox News Video you choose should run without the usual error report and failures. Good Luck!
Yes!!! I removed *.Doubleclick.net from my Restricted Sites Zone and now Fox News Videos play in IE 7. Thank you! (Users, make sure you remove the *.net extension and NOT the *.com extension by mistake.) You can also add it to your trusted sites list in IE to make sure that your spyware/adware removal programs don't restrict it next time you run them.

Jack

PS. If you add it to your Trusted Sites Zone, you can uncheck the server verification checkbox and use the form:

*.Doubleclick.net

Makes things easier. If you know the site is trusted, you don't need server verification turned on.

Last edited by Jack1000; 01-Aug-2007 at 04:10 PM..
Member with 1,175 posts.

01-Aug-2007, 04:20 PM #5
UPDATE: Had to remove the doubleclick.net from the Trusted sites list because every time that I signed out of Yahoo Mail, I was getting a message that an ad on Yahoo wanted to open something from doubleclick.net. So I removed the site from the trusted zone list. If it goes back on the Restricted Sites list, I guess I will just have to use Firefox for Fox News video from now on.

Jack

PS. Opera also historically has trouble with Flash sites and yields the same result. Use Firefox for your Fox News Video Content to produce the best results.

Last edited by Jack1000; 01-Aug-2007 at 07:16 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!