Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Trying to get a Photodex Proshow CD to play on DVD

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Aug-2007, 02:22 PM #1
Trying to get a Photodex Proshow CD to play on DVD
Hi. We were given a copy of a CD slideshow with music that was made with Photodex Proshow. It will not play on any dvd player. Is there any way to copy this to a DVD. The file is an .exe. When I try to open the file folder it goes into autoplay. I tried using the trial Photodex Gold program, but it won't recognize the file format. An it also siad the copy was a read only. I saved it to my hard drive, but again it won't recognize the file format. Help.
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,798 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Aug-2007, 10:33 PM #2
Hello actrife, and welcome to TSG.

An .exe file is an executable (program) file made to run on a PC. No stand alone DVD player that I ever hard of is able to run an exe file.

Does your copy of the Photodex software specifically say it has the ability to open and convert an EXE slide show created by Photodex on another computer? If not, you may not have any quick and easy way to convert the EXE slide show into something that will play on a stand alone DVD player.

EDIT: FYI, all files on a CD are tagged as read only. When you copy them to your hard drive they keep the Read Only attribute. You can change the attribute of the Hard Drive copy to read and write.
Member with 51 posts.

21-Aug-2007, 12:57 PM #3
My sister turned an exe slideshow from ProShow Gold for me. I don't have a DVD recorder on my PC so I couldn't make it myself. And I am not sure how to do it myself. I send her all the files that I used to make the exe. The phs file, all fonts that I used that I had downloaded myself and she didn't have, the music files I used and all pictures. I placed all in a folder and sent it to her through IM (instant messaging) then she put it all together into a DVD. If you could get all those files and you have a DVD recorder on your PC you could make yourself a DVD. But you would also have to purchase the Pro Show Gold program. I am not sure the trial would do a DVD or not.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!