Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

windows vista not recognizing wav files

(!)

Member with 34 posts.

05-Sep-2007, 06:34 PM #1
windows vista not recognizing wav files
OS is Vista (obviously). New laptop. I have an audiowav player with a foot pedal that I use to import wav amd wma voice files to type medical reports. Old computer with xp worked fine with the player. New laptop can import and play wma files, but am unable to import or play wav files. I can put a wav file anywhere on this computer and the player just will not see it. If I try to play the file in windows media player, it says I need Sanyo ADPCM (125) codec. I have actually pulled that from the old computer and put it on this one in the system 32, but it does not recognize it. I also downloaded a windows vista codec pack and still no luck. place where my company bought player has virtually no support. I could not really find much on the net about that codec. Any thoughts would be appreciated...Thank you..Rhonda
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!