Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

RF Modulator is not working for DVD player

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Beginner
12-Dec-2007, 11:19 AM #1
Question RF Modulator is not working for DVD player
I have a TV with just coax cable in the back (no RCA hookups). I want to hook up a dvd player to it. Bought a RF Modulator with rca and S video hookup with a channel 3 and 4 switch. Hooked up the cable thru it to the TV, cable works fine. I hook up the dvd player to the modulator with both RCA and S video. Turn on the dvd player and the picture turns to snow on both channel 3 and 4. Soon as I turn off the dvd player, the cable channels appear and the picture is fine. The cable is running fine thru the modulator but I can't get the dvd player to work. Something is happening because I am getting snow when I turn on the DVD player. (I have also unhooked the s video and RCA and tried what I seem is every way possible.) Any suggestions?
Member with 248 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Dec-2007, 04:30 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcupaz
I have a TV with just coax cable in the back (no RCA hookups). I want to hook up a dvd player to it. Bought a RF Modulator with rca and S video hookup with a channel 3 and 4 switch. Hooked up the cable thru it to the TV, cable works fine. I hook up the dvd player to the modulator with both RCA and S video. Turn on the dvd player and the picture turns to snow on both channel 3 and 4. Soon as I turn off the dvd player, the cable channels appear and the picture is fine. The cable is running fine thru the modulator but I can't get the dvd player to work. Something is happening because I am getting snow when I turn on the DVD player. (I have also unhooked the s video and RCA and tried what I seem is every way possible.) Any suggestions?
Hai,
pull out cable tv from modulator and then try turn on DVD player. Maybe you have cable tv signal on ch3/4. This is a reason why you have snow (interference).
by
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 4,825 posts.

Experience: Semi-advanced
12-Dec-2007, 07:19 PM #3
Remove any cable box connection and hook only your RF converter to the TV. Connect only the RCA cables to the converter and set the switch on it to 3 and the TV to 3. Make sure the converter is plugged in (power).
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Beginner
12-Dec-2007, 09:50 PM #4
I have unhooked the cable from the wall and RF modulater. Left DVD hookup and the RF to the TV, still nothing.

Do not have a cable box. TV is a Samsung 25 inch bought in 1996.

Still not working. It is plugged in, light is red on channel three and green on channel 4.
Member with 248 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Dec-2007, 11:12 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcupaz
I have unhooked the cable from the wall and RF modulater. Left DVD hookup and the RF to the TV, still nothing.

Do not have a cable box. TV is a Samsung 25 inch bought in 1996.

Still not working. It is plugged in, light is red on channel three and green on channel 4.
sorry, but do you fixed frequency on tv? its VHF 1 area! Connect dvd in modulator and start play, modulator in tv, chose the program number 0 in tv and press auto search.
Account Disabled with 1,098 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Dec-2007, 12:21 PM #6
I'm wondering if it's something to do with copy protection. I know that many DVD's won't play when 'relayed' thru a VCR. Don't really know a lot about the issues, just making an analogy to experience.
Registered User with 722 posts.

13-Dec-2007, 12:48 PM #7
What brand did you buy? These things are supposed to automatically switch from the cable coax input to the input from the DVD player when the DVD turns on. Maybe you just got a bad one. Or worse, the DVD output is bad. Can you test the DVD layer on something else first?
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 4,825 posts.

Experience: Semi-advanced
13-Dec-2007, 01:13 PM #8
These are simple devices to hook-up and use. Return it for another, it must just be defective.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,240 posts.

14-Dec-2007, 11:28 PM #9
do u have a vcr? if so, hook ur dvd player up 2 it & then view dvd's thru the vcr since ur tv has not rca jacks or video input jack. works 4 my old rca tv make sure vcr is turned on as well lol :P
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!