Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

annoying buzzing sound

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
14-Jan-2008, 02:57 PM #1
annoying buzzing sound
for a few days now my computer's not been playing songs properly, there is frequently a distorted buzzing sound over them, it seems to go on and off when different notes or tones are played.
and i've no idea what's causing the problem, whether it's because of hardware or software.
ive cleaned out the whole pc, and re-installed the sound driver (reltek high definition) but nothing has worked so far.
i dont think the tracks are damaged in any way because the audio is also distorted on games and video's as well.
it's not the speakers either becuase headphones play the buzzing sound too.

if you have any ideas on what could be the problem or what component might be causing it, please let me know

randall
Computer Specs
Registered User with 112 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Jan-2008, 09:35 PM #2
Double click on the picture of the speaker in your system tray, down by the time. A window should appear with all of your Windows sound settings. Go into view and make sure all of the settings are showing. Select alt and PRNT SCRN at the same time. Open up MSPaint and select ctrl and v at the same time to paste the screen shot. Save it and attach to the next post.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 874 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jan-2008, 01:26 AM #3
also...
Check all the *speaker plugs* are pushed well in at both ends.
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jan-2008, 08:06 AM #4
One idea...DirectSound vs. WaveOut may have somehow gotten switched in your media player preferences.
Computer Specs

16-Jan-2008, 12:49 PM #5
You may want to check for EMI. Electrical Magnetic Interference. Is there is a way for you to temperarily move your computer and speakers or just your head phones to a different outlet away from where you have it set up now. Even an old lamp or cheap desk lamp can cause this kinda issue, so you can also try unplugging everything around your computer, I mean everything but the computer and your speakers and see if the sound persist.
Computer Specs

23-Jan-2008, 07:48 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by strouprob View Post
You may want to check for EMI. Electrical Magnetic Interference. Is there is a way for you to temperarily move your computer and speakers or just your head phones to a different outlet away from where you have it set up now. Even an old lamp or cheap desk lamp can cause this kinda issue, so you can also try unplugging everything around your computer, I mean everything but the computer and your speakers and see if the sound persist.
Did you try this?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!