Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Itunes eats up PC's virtual memory

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

09-Aug-2008, 06:30 PM #1
Itunes eats up PC's virtual memory
I don't understand why i keep on hitting 'low memory' when I convert my itunes videos to ipod. I've tried to keep everything to the minimum, removed and reinstalled itunes, removed itunes folders as suggested by others a couple of times but it keeps on coming back. I've print screen my pc's data and attached it here. I've googled quite a bit but still can't figure out what to do with this problem. Am thinking to increase my pc's RAM from 512K to 2G but I don't understand why initially, when I first downloaded itunes, I've managed to convert quite a number of videos using the same pc and RAM but now I can't even convert 2 videos without that 'low memory' message and based on my pc's virtual memory screen, Itunes eats up quite a large virtual memory when i only have 2 files in it. Appreciate your help soonest. thanks
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 427 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Aug-2008, 07:41 PM #2
If you're using any of the newer versions of iTunes, they are memory hogs. Add the fact you are working with video, 512MB is not a lot. Best to upgrade your memory.
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,893 posts.

09-Aug-2008, 09:23 PM #3
don't see your attachment, but can you clarify converting video> as in DVD to iPod, MPG to iPod, syncing video to iPod, etc.
sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,351 posts.

Experience: Intermediate-Advanced
10-Aug-2008, 04:05 AM #4
Yea, with newer programs 512 is not much, I use 1gig on both of my low level desktops, I cant cope too much longer before i upgrade and get 2 gigs or a new computer
Junior Member with 2 posts.

17-Aug-2008, 07:35 AM #5
Thanks for the replies. I'll upgrade my pc's memory to 2gig.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!