Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Pinnacle Studio 12(Not Responding)

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

03-Sep-2008, 08:21 PM #1
Pinnacle Studio 12(Not Responding)
So I just bought Pinnacle Studio 12 because I just also bought a laptop, that's running Windows Vista Home Premium, and nothing seems to want to work for me. I recently used Pinnacle Studios 8, for my Windows XP PC, and I really need 12 for my laptop. The problem is that when I try to install Pinnacle 12 it takes me to the registration, I put in my info and register, then it stops responding. If anyone has any information reguarding this, please let me know asap. Thanks
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Sep-2008, 10:52 PM #2
I'm not sure but sometimes update and registration paths will require third party cookies to be enabled. Another possibility is that the registration process gets blocked by security software.

Seems like I remember the registration process doesn't come until the end of the install and I always skip it anyway. Am I remembering that wrong or do you mean it stops responding between when the product key is entered and the installation? In any case, ignoring the registration process with Pinnacle has always worked for me.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

03-Sep-2008, 10:55 PM #3
It's the very first thing that comes up for me. Well, with 12 it is anyways, and when I try to skip it, it locks up. Does the same thing if I tell it I want to register. =/
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Sep-2008, 01:17 PM #4
You might try installing from a new adminitrative user account, might be a conflict just in that user account. You could also check your list of services while its unresponsive and see if there is a service locked at starting that might be the cause. The installation DVD could be corrupt possibly as well so I'd try to install on another machine and see if it gets by the point it stops responding on the laptop or not before canceling out of the install.

Hope one of those helps, Studio 11 and now 12 are waaaaaay better than Studio 8

Addendum:I just looked up the Studio Help fie on installation troubleshooting and here are the crib notes;

1.Check the disc surface for smudges, dirt, fingerprints and clean with soft cloth if found.
2.Try another drive if available
3.Prune your startup (disable startup programs with the Msconfig utility) of programs that might conflict with the installer.
4.Install from the hard drive by booting in safe mode, copy the contents of the disc to a folder on the hard drive and install from there (consult Answer ID 13122 on the Pinnacle website for the latest advice on this approach).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!