Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

computer not reading my cd drives

(!)

Member with 309 posts.

04-Nov-2008, 08:42 PM #1
computer not reading my cd drives
My computer isn't reading anything I put into my cd drives. This is a recent problem. When I used to put in a disk, it would automatically run but now when I try to search files and folders, neither of these drives show up.

What should I do???
Junior Member with 2 posts.

04-Nov-2008, 09:55 PM #2
i am currently having the same problem with my HP DVD Writer 1070d. About 2 weeks ago it stopped showing up on my list of drives. i am running Vista Basic 64-bit. My drive may simply be bad as it has always (machine was built in August) made occasional high pitched noises, but the tray still opens and closes and the led will come on when inserting a disk.

Device manager says the drivers cannot be found. Updating them says they are fine. grrrrrrrrr

i uninstalled the drive and rebooted. Vista told me that the driver did not load correctly and i should contact the manufacturer. Well, the HP site is where i went first when i saw that the driver was the apparent problem. Not only can you not download a driver for this drive on that site, but you have to jump through many hoops just to finally figure out that the site is worthless. No disk came with the drive. i built the machine myself and it was definitely working for 2 months before this problem began.

Autoplay does not work and as i said before i cant see the drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dannan14; 04-Nov-2008 at 10:11 PM..
Member with 1,675 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Nov-2008, 08:15 PM #3
Junior Member with 2 posts.

06-Nov-2008, 09:15 PM #4
Thank you very much it did in fact solve my problem. Hopefully the OP will find his solution there as well.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!