Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows 7 keeps freezing as I try to watch video!

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 28 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Jan-2009, 03:16 AM #1
Windows 7 keeps freezing as I try to watch video!
Exactly what the title reads is happening! I try to watch any type of video and my whole system freezes. The mouse won't move, ctrl-alt-delete won't work and my system light doesn't flash at all! I love the beta, but that one thing is killing me! Especially since I just got all the updated drivers in and got the sound and ethernet cards recognized! Anyhelp would be useful although I know its still a beta!
Computer Specs
Gone but never forgotten with 9,807 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Jan-2009, 03:30 AM #2
You may be better waiting for its final release ...is it still using Internet Explorer 7 ? because if it is then that is probably to blame,so many problems with people getting the symptoms you have described,when working with Vista ....
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 28 posts.

10-Jan-2009, 03:02 PM #3
Nah, I hate IE and W7 has the beta 2 of IE 8 which runs okay, but still nothing to write home about. I use Opera for everything. My video problem is widespread. Anytime I try to watch any video on any platform be it thru a browser or media player like jetaudio the whole thing freezes even the mouse!
Junior Member with 1 posts.

16-Jan-2009, 08:48 AM #4
Windows 7 keeps freezing when you try to open new messenger 9 (live messenger)
I'm having the same issue but is with the new windows live messenger 9, it will not open at all. when you click on the icon it doesn't open and windows freezes... anyone else having this problem?
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

16-Jan-2009, 01:05 PM #5
Except for mouse movement, I've had everything freeze solid twice already. Hey folks, its a Beta, that's what Beta's do. I've had better luck since turning UAC down to nothing but don't know if its related or not.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!